oil question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check your bob is the oil guy site, check your before speak

My site? You have me confused with someone else... I just asked if you had any proof that RP was junk. Not arguing, just genuinely curious. However, if you want anyone to take you seriously don't reply with "google it". That tells me you don't have any experience with the product, and likely as well you haven't really researched the subject either.

These oil threads always go downhill and members have quit over them in the past so I'm done now :cheers:

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If brad penn isn't available, only the place I work at around here has it, I'd go with synthetic valvoline because of price. Global oil is cheap though and I have used it too but it doesn't last as long. It thins out rather quick. 6,000 miles or so on their 5w30 sythdnic makes to as thick as water. I had their 10w30 regular oil in my truck, which uses almost no oil. Maybe a pint on 5,000 miles and with Global oil it used 1 1/2 quarts in 3,000 miles. For those that don't know Global makes some parts store brand oils. We sell it like crazy at work, with no complaints and it's super cheap, customer price is just over $14 for regular oil for 5 quarts. The only way to beat that is buy oil by the bucket or barrel. You do get what you pay for though. I read and read on every brand we have, around a dozen, and I chose Brad Penn for my truck. My Jeep will get it too. If we carried 5w30 I'd buy it for my car. I almost went with CENPECO but it contains massive amounts of zinc, I'm no expert but I'm saying too much. And it costs a few cents more a quart.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
My site? You have me confused with someone else... I just asked if you had any proof that RP was junk. Not arguing, just genuinely curious. However, if you want anyone to take you seriously don't reply with "google it". That tells me you don't have any experience with the product, and likely as well you haven't really researched the subject either.

These oil threads always go downhill and members have quit over them in the past so I'm done now :cheers:

thats an assumption because you dont know if i do or dont, you want proof tht you can see google would result you in those same finding. have i seen it in front of me for my eyes yes but i cant tell you that because i didnt have anything written down, i went and saw it and found it generally concerning for myself i didnt care to have a print out because when people come to me for advice i give them factual advice based on my findings and what i know, if i dont know something i will tell them my best guess and proceed to tell them that im completely unsure but id start by diagnosing here or there, catch my drift? you telling me i dont know what im not talking about is the perfect example of what your trying to make me out to be. so there was no need to be an ass about it

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
well just for the hell of it I just read a couple of articles and reports I found through google and some forums mostly for tuner cars. The general consensus is to stay away from RP.

Just my own thoughts from what I just read, based on that I personally wouldn't want to run it. a couple other things that came to mind was that why would you dye oil other than to make it cool and sell it for more money because it purple lol. They obviously are not concerned with performance, rather money making and marketing. Now I think about it I always see tons of RP commercials and not that many for say mobil1 or shell (not saying they don't exist). Lots of people say it gets a bad rep because its a racing oil and the formula wasn't changed for general customers in daily drivers so I guess the additive packages wear out in 1k miles. Another thing that came up frequently was that they advertise a full synthetic product, but its not. The base stock is DINO and has synthetic packages added to it.

Just my little stupid report on RP. please don't take it seriously

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't start this thread for a oil debate ha ha. just some advice etc. lmao. everyone has an opinion.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read or are told. At some point you have to try it yourself. I'm sure you can find a convincing article out there the sky isn't blue. Run what you want and if your motor locks up, post some pictures.
I used royal purple for years in my truck, probably about 6. Never had an oil issue with it. I just couldn't justify the price of it.
I thibk a big problem, it's well known, is on the internet someone claims something, before you know it everyone becomes an expert and will claim the same thing so they can pretend to know something.

Even the cheapest of cheap oil holds up. We use Wolf's Head at work in the trucks, and they see every condition, they are still going strong.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read or are told. At some point you have to try it yourself. I'm sure you can find a convincing article out there the sky isn't blue. Run what you want and if your motor locks up, post some pictures.
I used royal purple for years in my truck, probably about 6. Never had an oil issue with it. I just couldn't justify the price of it.
I thibk a big problem, it's well known, is on the internet someone claims something, before you know it everyone becomes an expert and will claim the same thing so they can pretend to know something.

Even the cheapest of cheap oil holds up. We use Wolf's Head at work in the trucks, and they see every condition, they are still going strong.

wolf heads is fairly decent oil though, holds to its standards well. we used to buy their hydraulic oil all the time at my old job.