Oil pressure gauge issues, also need wiring info for sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velislide

Reaction score
Awhile back I had a friend hold my wiring out of the way while I put in a new long block into my truck, we got it all bolted up, was plugging in wiring and noticed the oil pressure sensor pigtail was tucked in between the trans and engine. I snipped the wires since I didn't have time to mess with it, and figured I would just pick up a new pig tail to wire up.

Problem is, the new pig tail doesn't have any colored wires. Spent a good hour looking on the internet to figure out which color wire goes to what pin on the 3-wire pig tail, and found one, tried it, but my oil pressure gauge always sits at max. Weird part is, even with the truck off, ignition off, gauge always sits pegged out.

Could the gauge have been shorted out? Or what would keep it from resetting back to 0 after the truck is off? Anyone have the wire colors that go to the 3 pins? The truck is a 97' GMC Sierra 5.7.