Register to remove these ads

Oil change special at Autozone

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by WFO4X4, Mar 7, 2012.

1. WFO4X4

WFO4X4 Banned

picked up mobil and a filter for $9.99!!!! no limit on how many to buy. havent done an oil change that cheap in a LOOOOOONG time might want to check it out. was not advertised in the store flyers though.

2. Mean Green

Mean Green I'm Awesome

Orieleys is currently running a special for oil as well; 5quarts of Peak oil and a Microguard filter for 9.99 with a $5 mail in rebate! 5 Dollar oil change :lol:

3. WFO4X4

WFO4X4 Banned

they don't have that down here..... and besides, that's too much work mailing and waiting for the damn $5 check..... :p

p.s. ur an ass for pointing that out!

i jest!

4. bluex

bluex Mall Crawlin' MOFO!!!

Ya I hate the mail in rebates on that stuff. Why can't they just price it that way to begin with....

5. Rewind

Rewind STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!

Because they know alot of people won't send in for the rebate.

6. TheBigMortboski

TheBigMortboski World's Tallest Midget

Still, though $10 for an oil change is downright reasonable. I paid $35 to have Stiffy Lube do it to our Hyundai today. (before I get flamed, I don't have my tools with me and it was a couple thousand over)

7. bluex

bluex Mall Crawlin' MOFO!!!

Problem with that is, due to the hassle of the rebate, I wont even buy it in the first place. If it was the price with rebate to start with I would though....

8. Mean Green

Mean Green I'm Awesome

Agreed! There are a lot of stores that have mail in rebates for a LOT of there merchandise, and the advertise the price AFTER the mail in rebate. In all reality if something is $20 then you get a $10 mail in rebate, it should be advertised as $20 not $10

9. Tempted

Tempted Banned

I don't buy shit that requires a mail in rebate. Its about 15 bucks normally for Mobil Super 5000 oil and a Motorcraft or Delco filter.

10. Aloicious

Aloicious Hired Goon

I hate mail in rebates too....the reason they don't just mark it lower is because a mail in rebate is a maufacturer/company sale, not a store sale. so the money return from the rebate comes out of the company's bottom line, not the store's....though there are other ways to arrange it with the store that would be alot more user friendly, but 'eh, whatever.