Oil Catch Can/Windshield Washer Tank Combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I'm developing a catch can kit for our trucks that will take the place of the windshield washer tank but will incorporate a small tank to still be able to use the washer. #streettruck

So far I've built the catch can section (washer tank in place just not functioning) and have it installed in my truck for some testing.

It has baffles and perforated sections to help the oil vapors to condensate, as well a drain for ease of emptying.

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who cares? Catch-cans are totally un-needed on TBIs unless the engine has excessive blow-by (engine worn-out) or some doofus disabled the OEM oil baffle in the valve cover.
Think beyond TBI. This would be a very clever option when doing a boosted LS. Those commonly use a catch can to control oil vapor.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think beyond TBI. This would be a very clever option when doing a boosted LS. Those commonly use a catch can to control oil vapor.
The catch-can most commonly used is a coalescing filter assembly from an air-compressor-plumbing system.

This doesn't have the coalescing filter element. It has a bunch of "baffles".

This will be very pretty, very expensive, very bulky, and not real functional.

I can't help with "boosted LS". Never owned one, never worked on one. My instincts are that if they need a "catch can", they've got insufficient baffling in the valve cover, or excessive blow-by, just like any other engine with a catch-can.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Who cares? Catch-cans are totally un-needed on TBIs unless the engine has excessive blow-by (engine worn-out) or some doofus disabled the OEM oil baffle in the valve cover.

Thank you for your input Schurkey, but the question was "did it work", not "what is your opinion". Being that I made it, I figured I'd be the one to answer the question.

So to answer the question, it did work. Collected a lot of water and oil but my engine has wear in the cylinders and/or worn valve seals so it smoked a lot. I'd like to make a recirculating one, just really busy as usual lol.

Last edited:

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was just a simple question. Do I need one? No. Me personally I like alot of polish under my hood and I figured this would be a good option for someone w a worn out motor that has alot of Blow by.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for your input Schurkey, but the question was "did it work", not "what is your opinion". Being that I made it, I figured I'd be the one to answer the question.

So to answer the question, it did work. Collected a lot of water and oil but my engine has wear in the cylinders and/or worn valve seals so it smoked a lot. I'd like to make a recirculating one, just really busy as usual lol.
You need to make a coolant over flow reservoir. Iv been searching high and low and they dont make one for our trucks any more . Empire billet use to make em but no longer do.