obs wiringharness for a fi tech standalone system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello newbie here.Doing a ls swap using a fitech standalone injection system into a 91 obs.My question is i want to use the factory dash harness so the fuel gauge and a\c etc will work.The fi tech is a stand alone system,it has all it's own sensor connections etc.I was wondering if anybody has done this,using the oe dash harness,eliminating as many wires from the oe harness and clean up the engine bay,routing the fi tech harness to make it cleaner,we are also using a 4l60 trans.THANKS for reading and i look forward to your recommendations and comments.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a Sniper, but similar setup. I just disconnected all the TBI and ESC wiring that wasn't going to be used by the truck and rolled the wiring up, zip-tied on the passenger fender. When I finally switch to a Sniper distributor and a vacuum switch to control TCC lockup, all that wiring is getting removed outright. The gauge sending units are still wired up and functional.