OBS Upper Control Arm Alignment Knockouts-Whats The Story?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After you knock them out...Are new, different shaped washers and/or bolts needed, to allow proper front-end alignment? Or can the original nuts, bolts & washers be used? Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After they are knocked out the original hardware goes back in just like it was, anytime that I have bought an obs I personally knock those out before an alignment so that I don't have to pay the alignment shop to do it for me, around here they charge between $75-100 to knock them out.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After they are knocked out the original hardware goes back in just like it was, anytime that I have bought an obs I personally knock those out before an alignment so that I don't have to pay the alignment shop to do it for me, around here they charge between $75-100 to knock them out.

Realy easy to do

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

O.K. Thanks... Yes, this was my logic for doing it too. I won't mess up the alignment too much by performing this task, will I? Or is this something that I should do, just before I intend to visit the alignment shop?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes this would mess up your alignment if it's good, only do this when your ready to have it aligned.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think there is a thread about it, basically you would need to unbolt the upper control arm at the rear only and lift the arm up off of the mounting point's and then punch out the slugs, there is a small tool that will pull them out but it isn't needed for the job.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So there is enough play only removing the rear connection point??? How much added adjustment do you gain???

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the balljoint has plenty of movevment to only unbolt the rear of the control arm, you will gain the entire slot in the frame mount instead of being fixed like it is from the factory.