obs core support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
yup. and yes, you need to take both of the long bolts out, and theres about 3 or 4 bolts that hold the fender to the core support on each side, along with the 3 across the inner fender on each side

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea I forgot about the inner fender bolts to core support, as others have said you can take them loose just hope nobody catches you. Find a wrench that fits or use an adjustable one.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ok i will someone told me i could unbolt it from a/c from engine and the thing it rus to on the firewal and i could just walk it all out. but idk and when it is time to refill the freon what would u say it cost? and could anyone take a quick picture so if i choise to release it do it right

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could undo the lines from the firewall and motor and take it all out.

take pics of what though in case you decide to release it? No pics just take the lines loose if you're going to.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
freon aint gonna kill ya, break it free like a bottle of coke and you'll be fine. Ad for filling it, most any autozone or pepboys will seel ac recharging kits, and you can do it yourself. Its really easy and the kit will have step by step instructions for you.

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
freon aint gonna kill ya, break it free like a bottle of coke and you'll be fine. Ad for filling it, most any autozone or pepboys will seel ac recharging kits, and you can do it yourself. Its really easy and the kit will have step by step instructions for you.

^ True but if he releases it into the atmosphere (which isnt the end of the world i guess) he cant just go to the local shop, buy some 134a and throw it in. It just doesnt work that way. You need a vaccume pump to pump down the system. If you just said screw it and didnt pump it down your a/c system would not be very efficient at all. and moisture and freon dont work together. They can actually create very toxic chemicals that can eat away at your lines, seals, coils, pretty much every part of it. But hey this is just coming from a guy that does HVAC for a living.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
i don't think i'm going to release it to much of a pure pain. i'm gonna unbolt from engine and firewall and just carefully lay it on the floor till i'm done with the rebuild or engine swap. i still for the life of me find the drive side support bolts the passenger side has 1 bolt and its out.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's gonna release anyways. You can't unbolt the inside core thing and remove it, I'm pretty sure if you undone it anywhere it's gonna let the freon out.