obs 6 lug brake upgrade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan350

Reaction score
hi all i know there is a brake upgrade for the 5 lug obs trucks but is there anyone that does it for 6 lug? i have tried ssbc but no luck!!! anyone know of any others, quite happy to get it custom made also!! would need to suit standard obs spindles but. like i say happy to spend the coin on something custom so if anyone has any ideas let me know please! thanks ryan

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Your truck has the 10 bolt right? I believe there is a 10 bolt disk brake conversion kit, not sure who makes it though

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the newer style disc brakes w/ ebrake shoes? That is what I am gonna look into when I get around to that stuff.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SSBC makes a twin or single piston front and a disc conversion for the rear, you need to check their website again.

ryan350

Reaction score
cheers mike i have actually emailed them and all i can get for the front is the twin pistons off them as they do not make a "big brake upgrade" for the front, rear i am running a ford 9" as i need full floating hubs so it's easier to do a 9" + the 10bolts in my eyes are quite weak. thanks ryan

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah sorry misread unfortunately you cant run bigger rotors because of the OBS spindle design. I have heard of people swapping over the entire knuckle and hub from a NBS truck so they could run a modern 14 or 15 inch rotor.

Ford 9" has a million brake options but I'm sure you're aware of that.

10 bolts are easy to blow for sure.

Let us know what you end up with, for now you can remove the ABS, get a prop valve, and get all stainless braided lines for the back and front.

ryan350

Reaction score
yeah cheers mike, stainless steel brake lines are already on the list and the guy doing my diff conversion will be sorting out the rear brakes, What is the reasoning behind not being able to run bigger brakes on the obs spindle design? I just find it strange that that make a big brake kit for a obs 5 lug but not a 6 lug obs? My only other real option was trying to get custom made rotors and calipers to suit the obs spindle, i realise money wise it will cost a fair bit but i just think that big rims and little rotors look hidious!! Do you have a link to any obs trucks that have been converted to the later model hub and spindle? seems like it could be a goer!! cheers ryan

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're after stopping power...and not just looks...and want to get rid of the 'squishy' pedal feel these trucks are reknown for...look into a Hydroboost conversion.

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah sorry misread unfortunately you cant run bigger rotors because of the OBS spindle design. I have heard of people swapping over the entire knuckle and hub from a NBS truck so they could run a modern 14 or 15 inch rotor.

Ford 9" has a million brake options but I'm sure you're aware of that.

10 bolts are easy to blow for sure.

Let us know what you end up with, for now you can remove the ABS, get a prop valve, and get all stainless braided lines for the back and front.

Hey Mike, do you have anymore info on swapping the knuckle & hub assembly? I can get the entire front suspension and diff out of a 99 NBS for free and I would definetly be game to do the swap to get bigger brakes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo