OBDII Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I am having problems with my OBD II port and thought it would be good to keep topics together.

The other day I got the BAFX scanner and TorquePro. I plugged it in and everything seemed to be working fine but I didn't have much time to look at it before class. After class it still worked great. Then I stopped by the house for a minute before work and when I got back in the truck I plugged in a new cigarette charger my phone wouldn't charge and the scanner wouldn't even show power. After work I found a blown fuse on the cigarette circuit. I replaced the fuse and tried my old charger, which worked fine. Then I plugged in the new charger and blew another fuse. Put a new fuse in and the scanner still wouldn't work.

That night I pulled a code on my friends 02 diesel and everything worked great. The scanner still won't work in my truck.

Earlier today I unhooked the battery and that didn't help either.

As I understand it, the OBD II is on the cigarette lighter circuit, where I already replaced the fuse. Are there any other fuses I might check? Could I have screwed up the computer? Everything else in the truck seems to be functioning like normal, just not the OBD.

Last edited: