nv4500 swap issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished swapping my 700r4 for a nv4500 in my 88 k1500. All parts came from a 95 k2500 donor truck. The whole thing went really smooth, just have a problem and a few questions I could use some advice on.

Problem: since the swap my engine has started "dieseling" or continues to run after shut off. Could the swap have caused this? The timing specs are 0* for both manual and auto. I haven't had a chance to get a light on it yet but had no issues before the swap.

Question: What is the function of the electrical plug on the top of my nv4500? The np241 from the 95 plugged right in to my connectors on the 88 so I'd like to avoid a harness swap if the plug doesn't have a necessary function.

Thanks for the help.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it would help to note that my engine is carbureted. I leaned out the carb a bit and advanced the timing a few degrees and thought I had it fixed. After a long drive it started running on again.