NV4500 or T56 swap??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well since my new engine likes to fight my 4l65e, I was thinking of going to a manual trans. I really want to convert my truck to 4wd someday, but I don't know what trans will work the best. my truck has quite a bit of power and I am quite hard on her too.lol which would be the best and most durable trans to go with?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Conversion to 4x4 should be a #1 priority with a truck like that!
As I have read the nv4500 is a very durable and reliable transmission but there are a few variations. GM/Dodge 2wd/4wd, granny low gear in earlier years etc, just make sure you get what you need.

Haven't read too much info on the T56, I thought I read somewhere they only had 2wd versions? not 100% sure

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are not 100% set on a manual a built 4L80e will hold up longer than anything you have listed. There are guys running them behind 1,000 hp LS and diesel engines.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are not 100% set on a manual a built 4L80e will hold up longer than anything you have listed. There are guys running them behind 1,000 hp LS and diesel engines.

yeah, but no one will tell me how to wire it up in a obd1 truck. so thats why I want to go manual....less complicated