Nv3500 clutch replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have putting off breaking the seal on my 97 c1500 as far as the drivetrain goes at least. I had plans on installing an LS motor but I have decided to keep this part of the truck stock. That being said, the throw out bearing has been getting noisy and with 140xxx miles I’m prepared to replace the clutch while I’m in there. Now I have owned a couple of nv4500s and they all have had a very stiff pedal. This isn’t the worst thing in the world but if there was an option to lighten the pedal while I am replacing parts in the bell housing I would certainly take that opportunity. Has anyone successfully lightened the pedal feel on these trucks? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thank you.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My NV3500 had a much lighter pedal after I replaced my bad throwout bearing.

I know this will help, there’s even been a couple times where it feels like the hydraulic throw out bearing doesn’t have the full length of throw and it’s difficult to find gears. The truck sits for months at a time and it seems to be worst after it sits. If it’s driven every couple days it’s fine other than being heavy.