Number Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One must be selective where one twists the grip!
Had a hypothetical conversation with a state cop at a bar one night, he was on the "you can't outrun the radio..." bs the silly ones like to spout. I told him only thing I can't outrun is a chopper. If I'm going 180 in one direction and he's doing 60 in the other, by the time he's slowed down, turned around and gotten back up to his cruiser's max speed I'm 2 miles down the road, still walking away. At 240 mph closing speed (180+60) he ain't got a chance of seeing a plate. He might be able to tell what color the bike is...
lol, gotta know who to call, I can change the color in a hurry lol Might have to redo nice later but......

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
This might be unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of plates which echo what's already on the car.

In this case, people who care already know it's a GMT400 and you can buy nice fender badges for the engine's displacement if you wish. Sadly, the car-ignorant crowd doesn't care and so to the vast majority of people out there, your license plate won't make any sense to them. You can say, "F that & them, it's for me!" But you know better, it's a vanity plate and it's there to display your pride, so it's really for everyone else. My vote is something which goes with the vibe of the vehicle or your attitude while driving it. Years ago my ex wife and I had a clapped out (physically, not mechanically) 1990 F-150. We got a plate that said, "KLUNKR" as that's what we knew everyone else was thinking. Loved that plate, and so did lots of folks who got lots of laughs out of it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of plates which echo what's already on the car.

In this case, people who care already know it's a GMT400 and you can buy nice fender badges for the engine's displacement if you wish. Sadly, the car-ignorant crowd doesn't care and so to the vast majority of people out there, your license plate won't make any sense to them. You can say, "F that & them, it's for me!" But you know better, it's a vanity plate and it's there to display your pride, so it's really for everyone else. My vote is something which goes with the vibe of the vehicle or your attitude while driving it. Years ago my ex wife and I had a clapped out (physically, not mechanically) 1990 F-150. We got a plate that said, "KLUNKR" as that's what we knew everyone else was thinking. Loved that plate, and so did lots of folks who got lots of laughs out of it.
In addition to the above mentioned FODO plates, I had LOW LEX on a dropped LS400, and currently have BCNU for the 81 burb in my sig. It's a tribute to a friend I lost a few years back.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well, see now, "BCNU" makes sense to everybody, only took me three rereads in my head before I figured out it read, "Be seeing you." That's what I'm talking about, a license plate that makes sense to practically anyone who glances at it. "LOW LEX"? Nah. No offense to you my man, but if Illinois is like Michigan, you're paying additional money every year to state the obvious.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a hard time justifying giving the gubmint even more money than they are already getting.

I've also spent more on fines for not having a front plate than customized plates would cost me, so I'm inconsistent.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score

My plate on my University of Georgia themed “G Wagon”. And yes, I was a fan before the two Nattys the previous two years. Son is a senior this year and will graduate in May with a degree in Economics. :)

For the OP Down Under, Goooooooo Dawgs is the chant for UGA Bulldogs. Just in case you didn’t know. :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: