Now my windshield wipers arent working.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys some of you may know previous posts ive had about stuff not working on my truck, but now its the windshield wipers. I have intermittent wipers on my 94 K1500, but sometimes during very heavy rain they just stop then come back on then stop again. I dont know what could be the problem. its mostly on the second from fastest setting, but does it on the fast setting as well as the timed ones. dont know if this is an electrical issue or a problem with the switch. When it happens i rotate the switch off and on multiple times but nothing. seems as if they just come on whenever. Anyone have any insight that would be great. Thanks

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a circuit board on the wiper motor that tends to go bad. I've replaced one on my 1998 Sub and one on a 1995 S-10 that I had. If I remember right it was around $20 for the part. Sounds to me like this is your issue.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
As others said, it is very likely to be the circuit board that controls the wiper motor... they have a tendency to go bad.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
lol

I scrubbed mine with a wire brush and it starting working fine again haha.

Only because, for the lack of a better term, you "jiggled" it during this. The cracked solder joints aren't bad enough yet and just shifting the harness around can make it work for a period of time. Eventually you'll need to resolder, or if you aren't set up for soldering, replace the board.

Richard