'nother question about Boss 338's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so I scored a set in 20x8.5 off craigslist just to throw something onto the maroon '94 (stock height). Now that it's time to do some swapping, tried them on the black '94 (lowered) I'm finding these aren't going to work on the front. They stick out a bit...if I ran a tiny tire, MAYBE, but not willing to do that. That tells me these are likely the ones with the 4.75" backspacing. I see a 5.25" is also offered.

Half inch more doesn't seem like much, but I know there are plenty of GMT400 lowered guys running these wheels. Guessing y'all have the 5.25" and are probably not running Belltech spindles, ya?

I'm also having to use a 7/32" spacer to get the wheels to clear the front hubs, so these are the old design 338. If you have some of the newer ones that clear the hub with no spacer then please let me know what specific part # of the wheel you've got. Need to go ahead and get a pair ordered to solve this issue, or pick some different wheels entirely and sell these off.

Not gonna work...
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!
Richard

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can get the part number off mine later but yes the .5" more backspace is what is jeeded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, and what brand spindles you're running too would be cool. I looked through your build thread a bit but only saw you had Belltech parts on the rear, didn't catch what spindles. Still running the 255/55/20 front tires?

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running djm 2" drop spindles and yes the same tires. I think this is the boss 338 part number for the fronts 3386-2850. All I know for sure is that they are 20x8.5 5x5. The back spacing will never be perfect for these trucks but I have the 5.240 or 14mm offset ones if that helps

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't want a spindle that pushes my wheel out so I went with DJM

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am running djm 2" drop spindles and yes the same tires. I think this is the boss 338 part number for the fronts 3386-2850. All I know for sure is that they are 20x8.5 5x5. The back spacing will never be perfect for these trucks but I have the 5.240 or 14mm offset ones if that helps

Thanks, yeah that's the 20x8.5 with the 5.24" backspace / chrome. Looks like I have a couple wheels to order, just in gray. :gr_grin: (3387_2850)

Just curious, they bolted right up to the front hubs w/o a need for any kind of spacer, and the center cap fits? Hoping they finally resolved that with enough revisions...

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep it bolts up without any
Spacers and clears everything