not sure if this is a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure, but it seems like i've noticed it more recently
but sometimes it kinda stutters i guess, between 45 -55
i noticed it also around 30
usualy i just either let of the gas or give it more gas, cuz i feel like it cant decide what gear it wants to be in
you know like if your driving a manual, and need to down shift
at first really didnt think much of it, probally just have to adjust my driving, but when you trying to maintain a speed, it gets annoying
so should i just put the peddle to floor and quit whinnning, i just dont want it to be the sign of some other problem comming up

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
That sounds like a fouled TPS. Depending on the transmission it could also be improperly adjusted. What engine/trans is it?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe im an idiot
i checked the fluid right after i posted this, had to add 1/4 of a quart
didnt notice it doing that after
does shift kinda hard, but thats rare

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Well 1/4 quart won't normally cause issues. Was it running when you checked it?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes
I do need to check again make sure its at the right level
but would the tps have anything to do with it failing emissions when it was at idle
wasnt sure what a tps was, so i lookedd on advanced, and someone said the edelbrok high flo one helped their idle issues
tho my truck idles fine
95 k1500 350, not sure what trans, possibly original, 230,000 miles

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
TPS is throttle position sensor. They may have meant MAF. No such thing as a high flow TPS.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh, guess it says pro flo, not high flo
but then it says not for use on poluttion controlled vehicles?
did have to add more fluid, Im thinking that was the problem, because i havent noticed it since, probally added almost half a quart by now

Brickyard

Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same thing intermittently (98 K1500) with a brand new trans, and I was told the TPS may be going, or a solenoid in the trans. I suspected misalignment in the trans however. I'll watch this and see what you come up with.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
oh, guess it says pro flo, not high flo
but then it says not for use on poluttion controlled vehicles?
did have to add more fluid, Im thinking that was the problem, because i havent noticed it since, probally added almost half a quart by now

I don't think you are talking about the TPS. The TPS puts out 0-5 volts, there isn't anything there to cause higher emissions and I've never seen one that wasn't for use on highways.