(Not so...) Pretty shifty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So I`ve been driving my `97, due to the demise of the engine in my `98. V6 5spd. in the `97. I`m becoming more & more frustrated with the factory shifter in this truck. Not that it`s worn out or anything, but it just leaves a lot to be desired. Long throws, & stuff like shifting from 5th to 3rd can be damn near impossible. I`m used to preformance shifters (Hurst Comp. +) & this factory one has a vagueness to it that I really don`t like.
I know Hurst used to make one for these trucks, but I don`t have a part number, & it seems like Jeg`s doesn`t list it anymore.
Does anyone have one taking up space in their shop that they would sell to a good home, or know of another supplier where I could get one.
I prefer the Hurst shifters, only because that`s what I`ve used in the past, (& I've got the T-shirt!) but I`m open to other brands.
Or... is it possible to tighten up the factory one? There doesn`t seem to be anything wrong with it. Feels like it would be better suited to a diesel 5 ton truck, instead of an RCSB with a 4.3.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Apparentley both Hurst & B&M discontinued their short throw shifters for these trucks about 3 years ago.

Anyone know if the S-10 shifter from these manufacturers will fit?

Anyone come across one at the wreckers? I haven't.

Someone got one hidden away? This is the last mod I'm doing to this truck! (famous last words!)

Last edited: