Noob from Texas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Never thought I'd be a noob again on another forum... :uhoh2:

Guess I should start out with the standard questions for every automotive forum... How can I get 500hp, 30mpg for under $200? Can I fit 35's without a lift? :D

Recent Texas transplant from SW Kentucky. Schooled mechanic, but worked in the oil/gas business for the past year until I moved to Texas and got a job as a plant manager just north of Houston.

I've driven a '98 GMC Sonoma ZR2 for 8 years now and also been an active member at ZR2USA.com since I bought it also. Been to several meet & greets around the country and made some great friends... Looking forward to making some new ones here!
You must be registered for see images attach

The Z has just under 200,000 miles of hell on it. Cosmetically it's in excellent shape... Mechanically, it's feeling it's age.

At 200,000 miles of pure hell, the 4.3 was about to kick the bucket so I sold it... I needed another DD so I found this.

99 Yukon 4x4. Autotrac, 66,000 miles, one owner, garage kept, Magnaflow cat-back. Got a ding or two here and there and the carpet has a spot or two... Other than that, it's spotless. Had a nasty miss to it so I picked it up for $3,500. Came home and switched a couple of the plug wires back to the CORRECT order, stuck in a new injector, and it runs like new. :D

The day I picked it up...

And today...

I've tinkered with it here and there going to a Navigator console and then to an OBS Escalade console, air compressor horns...
I have a build thread over at TYF that I'll transfer over here. Lot easier to pick through threads here since there's only one platform to read about!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Great looking rigs! And welcome... You will find a lot of very knowledgeable folks here! Welcome again from amarillo!

Sent from the big block!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! 500hp, & 30mpg! For $200.00!
Have you considered an electric turbo off of ebay? Apparently they are the *******!
Welcome!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Thanks fellas!

Lol! 500hp, & 30mpg! For $200.00!
Have you considered an electric turbo off of ebay? Apparently they are the *******!
Welcome!

I had twins on the ZR2 and vtec stickers! LOL

It's funny the stuff you hear over the years on forums. Probably the most frequent I've heard on the ZR2 forum is how big of tires can they fit on stock suspension.

I some other toys that mostly just sit in the garage... This is the only one I can find of the Silverado. It's an '09 LTZ. It's an LMM but plan on doing the DPF Delete and some EFI Live tuning within the next few months. :)

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa.

~Via Mobile