No Spark!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JsPerformance

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a 97 Silverado I did 4.3 to 5.7 vortec swap, I did 0411 pcm and everything is on correctly but there’s no spark coming out of the coil, the distributor is brand new, crank sensor is new and the coil is from a engine that I know for a fact ran (because I do v6 to v8 swaps on nbs trucks) there’s power and ground to the coil and the ignition module but nothing comes out. I’ve already checked multiple grounds and they’re all good. If anyone has an idea what it can be please let me know!! It’s a customer and y’all know how customers are

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a 97 Silverado I did 4.3 to 5.7 vortec swap, I did 0411 pcm and everything is on correctly but there’s no spark coming out of the coil, the distributor is brand new, crank sensor is new and the coil is from a engine that I know for a fact ran (because I do v6 to v8 swaps on nbs trucks) there’s power and ground to the coil and the ignition module but nothing comes out. I’ve already checked multiple grounds and they’re all good. If anyone has an idea what it can be please let me know!! It’s a customer and y’all know how customers are
What was the issue? Did you get it fixed??

97blackbowtie

Reaction score
Any info from either of y'all would be sweet.
I've replaced
Ignition coil(double checked ground contacts)
ICM(used included heat sink grade and cleaned with carb cleaner beforehand)
Crank sensor
Cam sensor
Cap and rotor
Plug wires

I used this link to go through and test everything.

When I use my inline spark tester from coil, grounded at battery, it sparks twice when first cranked, pauses for(what I would call) 3 sparks, then it sparks just once again, no spark for 2, then it starts over.
So I have a consistently, incorrect spark from the coil wire to the dizzy.

Because it is consistently wrong, that leads me to believe it is more an ECM issue rather than a ground or wiring issue.

97blackbowtie

Reaction score
*UPDATE TO PREVIOUS COMMENT*
Well I got my dad to stop by and help with this. I was doing all the crawling around under it work as he has done plenty in his years. He slid under there and asked for the original crank sensor. I had a real hard time getting the new one to go in. He took the old one, cut the o-ring off shoved it in and held it while I cranked it over. Started right up.
Lubed the s*+$ it off the new ones o-ring and tried to get it all the way in. Once I got the bolt started, it took some levering with a pry bar and ratchet extension to apply pressure equally on both sides. Finally o-ring seated. Took the bracket bolt out, straightened the bracket back out and reinstalled. Good to go!