No pain like loosing your vanity plate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let this be a reminder to all of you plate holders - MAKE SURE transfers are successful. Just found out I actually lost mine back in July because it failed to process. RIP.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I haven't run a vanity plate in years, the last few have been as follows

Eldrbry- on my blue 09 Mini Cooper
Mr Pink- on too many vehicles to count
5T0L3N- was on my Honda/Acura products after I had one stolen.

I run an authentic plate on my truck, so it was $35 for reg, and is good for the life of the vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I haven't run a vanity plate in years, the last few have been as follows

Eldrbry- on my blue 09 Mini Cooper
Mr Pink- on too many vehicles to count
5T0L3N- was on my Honda/Acura products after I had one stolen.

I run an authentic plate on my truck, so it was $35 for reg, and is good for the life of the vehicle.

Wow, I figured there was just about zero chance someone would have a non-yeared plate with a correct year sticker to use as a Historic plate. How did you find the blue plate with a 95 sticker?

I guess you don't drive the truck much....the limits MI places on Historic vehicles is ridiculous. I've got 69 Plates for my 69 LeSabre, but I've never used them officially since I'd only be able to drive the car legally to club events and holidays.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have vanity plates on both trucks, my car, and the burb. In Illinois if you have antique plates you don't have to display them, you can legally display plates from the vehicle year. As some of you may know, the Burb belonged to my friend who passed last fall, he was building it to be a street/race truck with a turbo'd big block. He'd put extended use Antique plates on it that he'd just renewed. I'll be finishing it and I found this to put on it.
Fitting in more than 1 way.

Attachments

• BCNU Plate.jpg
    BCNU Plate.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 9

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Wow, I figured there was just about zero chance someone would have a non-yeared plate with a correct year sticker to use as a Historic plate. How did you find the blue plate with a 95 sticker?

I guess you don't drive the truck much....the limits MI places on Historic vehicles is ridiculous. I've got 69 Plates for my 69 LeSabre, but I've never used them officially since I'd only be able to drive the car legally to club events and holidays.
My Grandfather actually, lol. I actually made the plate a 1995, it had a 1996 sticker on it, but with a heat gun I was able to peel the 1996 sticker off.

My truck in the year I have owned it has seen maybe 1.5mi of road driving. It will get driven more once I finish the LS swap and suspension. The local police around me don't care about plates at all as long as you aren't being dumb.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, in AZ the state doesn't care how much you drive it, your insurance co. does. My historic plate costs $108 for 5 years and, with my limited use insurance it's exempt from emissions and I can drive to events, rallies, and "occasional" regular truck stuff. My agent said if they decide I'm driving it too much, they'll cancel coverage. I haven't looked at my policy in a while. It looks like I'm gonna have to increase my value since I got it painted :(

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know when it expired and the fine lady at the SOS here was pretty bummed for me as well so i have it written down on my calendar to start attempts to steal it back next year. until then, next month (! having a hard time finding a reputable shop) it is *prospectively going to a local vette shop for some under-hood work to do some gasket repairs, make it happier towing and start building a relationship with them as i have 2 big blocks now to take care of. my local dealerships and i just dont see eye to eye anymore. hopefully by the time its back in the driveway i either have a good reason to re name it or ill be ok letting my business adopt it and i cant start the hunt for the next truck

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread brings back some painful memories. Both emotionally and literally. I had an 05 Silverado, which was only about 10 years old when I bought it. Beautiful truck and a strong runner, but the rust belt eventually took it's toll. Between that and other issues beyond my control, I was forced to part it out. It's name was GROWLZ. I still have said vanity plate, but nothing worthy of wearing it at the moment.