No fuel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuctTape4Ever

Reaction score
My 88 C1500 with a 305 tbi will crank and will not start, but if gas is poured down the injectors it starts,sputters and dies after anywhere from 3-11 seconds after it fires. I have replaced the fuel pump relay, removed the fuel filter (which has ~750 miles on it) turned on the key so see if fuel came out, but none did. Yet I hear a humming sound from what i think is the fuel pump. I have the tank rigged up with a ratchet strap, which has worked fine since the rear strap broke (~90 miles). Also the fuel gauge indicates that the tank is 2/5 ths full, which is correct and i added another 4 gallons in the tank and still no start. My guess is that the computer won’t engage the fuel pump, but that is just a guess. Thanks in advance

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crack the line at the throttle body to verify that you are getting fuel. If you are then you may have a bad ignition module. It is what sends the signal to pulse the injectors.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
It sounds like the rubber hose between the fuel pump and the pressure line is off. You need to run a fuel pressure test to make sure that the system is getting 9-13 psi while cranking.