No fuel from injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A bad or dying ignition module can cause the injector's not to spray, I have seen it several times, and if you buy a replacement do not get a cheap one they quit all the time, also be sure to use the heat sink compound between the module and the distributor body.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bad or dying ignition module can cause the injector's not to spray, I have seen it several times, and if you buy a replacement do not get a cheap one they quit all the time, also be sure to use the heat sink compound between the module and the distributor body.
^^^ This. Had it happen to my old truck, stopped for gas no start, no spark or fuel, waited a while and it fired up again. Ended up being the icm in the distributor.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks again guys im placing my oem dizzy in my truck just in case right now im running a MSD dizzy. You know guys maybe I was just to low on gas because when I was driving straight all was well untill I exited and started to slow down to turn left now it just might be wishfull thinking on my part but im not letting my gas run so low again.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't put on relay yet so im thinking should I wait for it to turn off again and should I check if the relay is putting out power or see if the injectors are getting power with a test light? I know you guys have helped me a lot but can you tell me how and where to place the test light on what color wire and also can I ground something out if I check it with test light and mess something up? 1993 F/S GMC truck 5.7 engine 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive.
Thanks again! RS

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look what I found guys just sharing.

1994 GMC Sierra Pickup, Fuel Pump Inop
Posted by Sparky at 7:05 PM
I have 1994 GMC Sierra, the fuel pump will not come on when key is turned on but will work when directly connected to battery. We have checked all fuses that we know of and they are good. If you pour gas into throttle body the engine will fire and run for a few seconds. We have been trying for a week now to figure out what may be wrong even replaced the computer and fuel pump relay can you help?

Labels: Chevrolet and GMC Trucks, Fuel Pump, No Run Condition

3 comments:
Sparky said...
The easiest place to test the system is at the fuel pump relay located on the firewall on the passenger side. I recommend using a voltmeter but a test light can be used on all terminals EXCEPT the dark green w/white wire. Using a test light on this wire may damage the computer. The orange wire should have 12 volts at all times. If there is no power on this wire check the fusible links under the plastic cover next to the fuel pump relay. The red wire will not have power or ground as it is the fuel pump test wire. The gray wire is the fuel pump wire and will only have power with the system working. It goes to the fuel pump fuse located next to the relay and then from there it goes to the fuel pump.The black w/white wire is the ground and it should have a constant ground on it. It should terminate at or near the thermostat housing. Check the wires there for looseness if you do not have a ground on it. The dark green w/white wire is the signal wire from the computer and should only be checked with a volt meter. There should be 12 volts on this wire for several seconds after the ignition is turned on. I would suspect that either the orange wire does not have power on it or the ground is faulty at the thermostat housing. If it were the relay or computer the engine should have stayed running once you had oil pressure from cranking the engine by pouring fuel in the throttle body. The oil pressure switch has a parallel control circuit for the fuel pump.

SEREOUS67

Reaction score
Look what I found guys just sharing.

1994 GMC Sierra Pickup, Fuel Pump Inop
Posted by Sparky at 7:05 PM
I have 1994 GMC Sierra, the fuel pump will not come on when key is turned on but will work when directly connected to battery. We have checked all fuses that we know of and they are good. If you pour gas into throttle body the engine will fire and run for a few seconds. We have been trying for a week now to figure out what may be wrong even replaced the computer and fuel pump relay can you help?

Labels: Chevrolet and GMC Trucks, Fuel Pump, No Run Condition

3 comments:
Sparky said...
The easiest place to test the system is at the fuel pump relay located on the firewall on the passenger side. I recommend using a voltmeter but a test light can be used on all terminals EXCEPT the dark green w/white wire. Using a test light on this wire may damage the computer. The orange wire should have 12 volts at all times. If there is no power on this wire check the fusible links under the plastic cover next to the fuel pump relay. The red wire will not have power or ground as it is the fuel pump test wire. The gray wire is the fuel pump wire and will only have power with the system working. It goes to the fuel pump fuse located next to the relay and then from there it goes to the fuel pump.The black w/white wire is the ground and it should have a constant ground on it. It should terminate at or near the thermostat housing. Check the wires there for looseness if you do not have a ground on it. The dark green w/white wire is the signal wire from the computer and should only be checked with a volt meter. There should be 12 volts on this wire for several seconds after the ignition is turned on. I would suspect that either the orange wire does not have power on it or the ground is faulty at the thermostat housing. If it were the relay or computer the engine should have stayed running once you had oil pressure from cranking the engine by pouring fuel in the throttle body. The oil pressure switch has a parallel control circuit for the fuel pump.
I'm having this same problem (pour gas into throttle body the engine will fire and run for a few seconds then stops.) I havnt got into it much on why my injectors are not working or gettin power but will try these trouble shooting tips soon.