no dash gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snyderman5

Reaction score
I got a 93 sierra with no dash gauge lighting and fuse is good. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the dash?

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Remove the cluster, clean the terminals where it connects to the dash and on the cluster. Put dielectric grease on the terminals and reinstall. Lights should work after that.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I picked up an Escalade cluster a while ago, & all but 2 of the bulbs were burnt out. How the P.O could drive with them like that is beyond me! I'd check those first. Quick, cheap, & easy to replace. I like to start with 'easy' before I start digging into electrical stuff to deep!
If it's mechanical & it's broke, you can see, hear, feel it. If it's electrical & it's broke, it just don't F'n work!

*edit* Along with Hunter's suggestion, too!

snyderman5

Reaction score
Would a bad connection at the cluster plug affect the hvac lights also? gonna try it when I get home anyway

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Follow Hunter's advice for the connection at the headlight switch as well.

EDIT: I see that you replaced the dimmer, still double check all the connections.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I've had to do this rim all 3 of my pre95 gmt400s. Just need a little dielectric grease. As for the AC control head none of mine have ever lit up, so this won't fix that.

snyderman5

Reaction score
So I took the cluster out and had voltage at the connection. Verified all bulbs were good and ohmed the circuit. Ohmed open. Under all the bulbs the printed circuit board was effed up. Tried cleaning but didn't work. Got another cluster and took it apart so my miles were correct. Put back in and half the cluster was lit and volt meter didn't work. Wound up soldering wires on the circuit board due to a cut at the bottom that I probably did lol. Works 100% now. Pulled hvac and all three bulbs were burnt. Never seen these bulbs before. Anybody know what they are?