No Brakes!!! Dangerous ride home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em or sell 'em what they want." - Some executive somewhere, probably.

Last year dad got a new-to-him Cadillac. He was ecstatic and insisted I drive it. I never felt more uncomfortable behind the wheel in my life, was as if someone forced me to wear pantyhose at gunpoint. I didn't even know how to put the f'n thing in gear and starting it was also a chore. Yes, the display was obnoxious. Then I nearly hit the headliner when the damn seat vibrated out of nowhere. WTF??

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In some of the newer vehicles, the seat vibrates as a warning of "too close" to something or crossing a center line or.......

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
In some of the newer vehicles, the seat vibrates as a warning of "too close" to something or crossing a center line or.......
Built with women in mind!
Hmm, no wonder most people can't stay in their lanes. And here I thought they were just smokin' dope.. Whatever it is, SE Michigan drivers are the F'n worst I've ever witnessed.

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Hey guys, I feel like it's never a good thing when I post on here.

Last night I get into my truck to drive home, and my brake pedal feels spongey. So I pumped it a few times and it seemed fine. I checked the fluid and for leaks. Didn't see any problems. This trip was about an hour and a half. By the time I got close to my house, I had the pedal all the way to the floor and truck was still rolling. It would slow down slightly, but it was extremely scary.

Since there are no leaks I can see and the fluid was at a good level, I'm guessing it's the master or booster.

Any thoughts from you guys?
Glad you're okay, BTW!

991500Burb

Reaction score
I did once. Was in my 65 Chevy pickup and just got off highway and applied brakes. Went to floor. Laid on the horn, geared down, hard right turn at bottom of ramp and missed everyone, was also using my park brake but was not much help, went another 300-400 feet and ran another stop sign and finally got pulled over on the shoulder after that. Blown rear steel line. Rusted thru from the salt on the roads KC, Mo. streets. Took a while to pry my ass from the seat.
I don't think dual bowl master cylinders were mandated until 1967, So if it was a 65, you get a leak and lose all your braking!