No brake lights but my cargo brake light works???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Earlier this Week I noticed I had no brake lights on my tailgate lights so I decided to check fuses and everything turned out fine,I bought a brake switch and if I play with it the will stay on only if played with. Suggestions???

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Is it slipping off and getting stuck ? Mine was I had to set it in place and shove the hellll out of it. Mine was clipping to the round rod but not on the flat clip on the side of the switch. I had to pretzel myself up under the dash to see how it went. I has installed a new one also, i figuered it out and then returned the new one. :lol:

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I cant get this dang clip on the other side on... Could that be the problem? I just zip tied it for now as tight as possible but still noting.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Alright man guess I'll go shove it on there somehow and let you know how it goes Thanks!

sslow

Reaction score
If that doesn't work check the wires... mine was broken inside the coating so it didnt look like it was broken

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
the clip did not help. My blinkers do work though on both taillights and the cargo brake light is still working but still no brake lights on my tail

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Check the ground at the rear of the frame. I didn't pay attention to the cargo where i dont have one. If it doesn't help, run an auxiliary ground to the negative battery terminal. Again, had the same issues. Had to do the same. Do you have trailer light pigtail wiring?

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Scotty, I do have pigtail wiring in the back but can't find where this ground is at?
What kind of auxiliary ground exactly to I run to the battery?

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was grounded on the frame by the spare tire carrier but I lost all tail lights when it went bad