nitto mud grappler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i will say the copper stts are an awesome tire, that will probably be going on either the red truck or the flatbed some time in the next 6 months (they both need tires just for different reasons) and i want to try a set of the kevlars, or trail gaps, everyone around here has them and they are a great tire.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
It also depends on your alignment, if your consistent in rotating tires at a certain mileage, etc. if you do that any tire should last you quite a while..as long as you aren't doing any burnouts lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
^Exactly right, keeping them rotated, keeping psi adjusted(to adjust wear lines in tread), and keeping them running true(alignment, balanced, etc)........also, hard acceleration and hard braking make the lugs wear badly.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i understand taking care of a tire has a lot to do with how long it lasts. but when i spend over $1200 on a set of tires for a 4wd, they should be able to handle some abuse. ive had no alignment issues, other than broken parts (which were straighted out immediately). psi was always where it was supposed to be and i felt like i was rotating them every other week trying to salvage whatever i could out of them.

yea i put them thru some abuse, but thats what i spent the money for...a tire that is supposed to be tough and perform offroad. i didnt get anything close in either category. ive spent a lot less on tires that did circles around mg's.

i keep hearing mixed things on these tires. people tell me i should try these tires because theyre extremely tough and agressive. then im told i gotta baby them.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In short, gotta look at the compounds and what the tires are made of. Basic rule of thumb is: the harder the compound of the tread and sidewalls, the longer the tread will last and the longer it will stay "true"(eg.: a softer compound sidewall allows the tread to stretch more at highway speed and causes the tire to go "out-of-round")

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong I love all the nitto tires for trucks bit they wear out way to fast for the money you spend on them

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I get old school stuff, it tends to last and does ok for offroading, so long as you're smart.....one of my nephews could have the best offroad equipment known to man and STILL bury it up to it's axles on hard ground.....right now the only branded tires I'm using are some old ass General XM-T 35s. Everything else is Kelly-Springfields.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I get old school stuff, it tends to last and does ok for offroading, so long as you're smart.....one of my nephews could have the best offroad equipment known to man and STILL bury it up to it's axles on hard ground.....right now the only branded tires I'm using are some old ass General XM-T 35s. Everything else is Kelly-Springfields.

Generals ftw!! lol i felt like ur nephew with the mg's. i also tend to stick with the old school tires. it makes me sick that they dont make ground hawgs anymore. those were by far my favorite tire.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hell yeah, ground hawgs were really nice tires.....I dont remember the name now, but goodyear's new wrangler design, that tire looks mighty aggressive for an A/T.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yeah, ground hawgs were really nice tires.....I dont remember the name now, but goodyear's new wrangler design, that tire looks mighty aggressive for an A/T.

duratracs? those do look like a good tire. if i was running a 33 or less on a daily driver i would definately try them out