nitto mud grappler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I didn't read anything anyone stated about the mud grapplers because everyone is different and has their own opinion. I just bought a set of 37x13.50x17 mud grapplers and I love them. Don't mind the noise and tomorrow will be my first test off road. That's just my .02

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a set of MG's when they first come out, and drove on them for about 2 weeks then gave them to me and went back to yokohama geolander MT's. I threw them on, and after a day on the street and a day in the dirt I too gave them away. I felt they where terrible tires made to "LOOK COOL" However this was when they where NEW on the market. I Know first prodution can be a bad thing. I also had THEE FIRST! set of Mickey thompson baja claws in Utah. They where even worse tires and being so new they didnt want to compensate me like they did for later customers when they discovered their rubber compound was wrong. My baja claws only lasted MAYBE BIG MAYBE 8000 miles they sucked in mud sucked on street sucked on slickrock and sucked in snow, HOWEVER they was awesome in sand. Only other thing I can say about the mud grapplers is a guy I work with has a set of REALLY bald ones on his dodge cummins and he says its the worst money he has ever spent.

Honestly from an off road perspective I dont think you can get a better tire, for the money, than a superswamper TSL, for all around tires I run big o XT's, Some people dont like big o but my dad has always used the local store and so have I and they all know me and treat me really well. As for the tires, they do everything I need and the warrenty is fabulous.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol i agree with the "cool look." seems like every lifted street truck i see has them.

i woulda gave mine away too if i had another set to put on the truck. they had been out for quite a while when i had them. like i said, i can tolerate a lot of road noise so that part of the tire didnt bother me. and if the tire does good offroad, im ok if they only last 10k miles. but not the case. suck on road, sucked offroad, and sucked at lasting. after my experiences with nitto drag radials on my car i shoulda quit buyin anything with the name then.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
after my experiences with nitto drag radials on my car i shoulda quit buyin anything with the name then.

I love my NT05Rs. Hated my old NT555Rs. Some of their tires are made right here in White, Ga and others are imported. Most Grappler truck tires are made in the states.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my NT05Rs. Hated my old NT555Rs. Some of their tires are made right here in White, Ga and others are imported. Most Grappler truck tires are made in the states.
yea my nt05r's had a decent lifetime for a dr, just didnt hook. i was probly just expecting too much out of em. 555rs were horrible all around.

sorry for goin off track. back on subect...id recommend looking into the cooper stt. i think those may be in the same price range as the mg. km2's are also something you might look into. i personally dont care for them, but keeping an open mind, they are a good tire. u should get a longer life and they'll be nicer to ya on the road. or if you want somehting that has a real aggressive look, pitbull rockers are a pretty cool tire. i cant speak for them as far as how long they last, i had to sell mine to pay some bills after gettin hurt. got to take them offroad once tho and i was really happy with the way they performed. theyre not cheap tho

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Went jeeping with a guy not to long ago and he had goodyear duratracs on his jeep. I was impressed at how well he did and even thought he had a locker or 2 but according to him he didnt. Still second hand info but they looked good and seamed to do well in the dirt.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Whenever i need new tires im going to be getting mud Grapplers..can't wait!!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Whenever i need new tires im going to be getting mud Grapplers..can't wait!!

Sweet! You will love them. I didn't get them to look cool going down the road I got them because I saw them on Bggrnchvy's truck and he wheels quite a bit. Also they are on the f-150 ultimate adventure truck so I feel they have to do pretty well off road. So I don't care what anyone says about the tires they are a great looking tire and they work well

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet! You will love them. I didn't get them to look cool going down the road I got them because I saw them on Bggrnchvy's truck and he wheels quite a bit. Also they are on the f-150 ultimate adventure truck so I feel they have to do pretty well off road. So I don't care what anyone says about the tires they are a great looking tire and they work well

its funny how things work great for some and the complete opposite for others. im glad not everybody has had the experience ive had with them. it'll make ya sick when ya drop that kinda hard earned money just to watch tires fall apart. ive ran tires that most people would say to stay away from and had great luck with them.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Another ya might look into, are the TSL TrXus tires. I had them on my 94 yukon, it got about 75% asphalt use. The front and rears wore evenly, fronts had ~25% tread and rears ~50% tread when i got rid of the truck. If I'm remembering correctly, they went on at !00k miles and it had 138k when sold. They're decently hard compound tires.