Nitrous Plumbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking to throw a small shot on my 96 scsb. But with my spider injection I'm stumped on how to plumb the fuel. well, not how to, but where to tap the fuel from (wet kit is being used obviously). If someone can provide detailed pictures of their nitrous install so I can see how the fuel is routed and sampled, it would be appreciated.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never ran nitrous on a vortec but I have on other vehicles. The general rule of thumb is after the MAF and as close to the Throttle Body as possible.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had nitrous on a couple of my previous vehicles. So I'm no newbie to it. I'm just unfamiliar with the fuel system on vortec trucks. (I'm use to either carb or rail and injector style EFI) I just need some assistance on where I could tap fuel from for my nitrous jet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Easy on a vortec, take the schrader valve out (Valve stem wrench) and connect your AN line and go from there. As long as you stay under 100hp shot, your fuel pump should keep up just fine.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I shouldn't have issue with fuel since I have a walbro 255 already.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably a 75 or 100

96z387

Reaction score
I see this thread is a few years old but curious to see if there is any new input on this subject.

plan on ordering the zex wet kit off summit along with a better fuel pump for my 385 vortec stroker. it's a 96 rcsb z71

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk