newish member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdbake

Reaction score
i joined back in 2013 during the summer as i was doing a motor swap in my 97 gmc sierra. i went from a 4.3-5.7 vortech. i had a lot of helpful information. Basically i found out that its a straight swap other than adding in two wires for the two new injectors and also moving some of the old wires around to fit the v8 pcm. i had to use the v6 wiring harness but it all worked out just fine. but upon finishing the swap and a year later returning to work on it i found two codes one for the front passenger side 02 sensor and the crank cam correlation code. I've tried clearing the code by adjusting the distributor to a certain degrees but it hasn't worked out. i took it to the shop and the timed it but its still pulling up the code and i haven't messed with the 02 sensor yet but it'll die when i first start it and let it idle but if i start it and press the gas its just fine. any help will be grateful. thanks y'all

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!

The cam crank correlation code would be caused by the computer not knowing where to sync the cam and crank, you said you needed to swap a few wires around to the PCM dueto using the 6cyl harness with the 8cyl PCM, could there possibly be another wire that doesn't match?

jdbake

Reaction score
i don't think so. i swapped everything around as to the specs i found for the wiring to make the v6 harness a v8 harness and everything checked out just fine. i have heard that it has to do with degrees at which the distributor is set has something to do with it but i am not able to set the degrees myself and i don't know if a gm shop would charge an arm and a leg to do it.