Newer to forums. :) My 98 Stepside so far:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone likes my stepside! I'll get more pictures up soon. The brush guard took up the factory tow hook locations on the frame. And blavy, hmm.... I like that term. ;)

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. I like the color. Hard to tell from pic but are the rockers black?

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the kind words! The rockers are bed liner coated. Just scuffed them up and taped off below the body line and sprayed them one day. It helps cover all the imperfections and stone chips I had going on, plus looks pretty tough. :biggrin: The truck is definitely a work in progress. This spring I really cleaned it up. Steamed the engine bay, and I cleaned and re painted the frame in and out again. I used the bed :rockit:liner I have on my rockers on top of Rustoleum primer and Permatex rust converter as a base. Then I coat it with VHT chassis and roll bar satin black for a clean look. It's a system I've used for a long time and holds up forever seemingly. The only reason I painted it again was some of the paint had sun faded since I did it last time in 2005. Everything under the paint was clean metal. :) I have plans for the interior as well. Replacing the 60/40 bench someday with twin buckets and building a center console with a tablet PC. Aftermarket head unit to come soon. Recently put all new hard brake lines through the truck, and it was time for pads and rotors, so I splurged and bought ceramic pads, rotors, new calipers, and Edelbrock/Russell stainless braided flex hoses. And finally, my old wheels and tires are featured in the one picture. The tires are dry rotted so their going to recycling soon. Not sure what to do with the wheels. I might keep them for the winter. Anyways, sorry for the long post. On with the pictures!

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go:
You must be registered for see images attach
Also forgot to mention that a new intake and stainless headers are on the way.