Newbie from Washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mike

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been a big SUV fan for a long time. My wife and I had a 1991 'Burb about 20 years ago. I loved that old body style! Fast forward 20 years and I was driving a Volvo 760 Wagon (I know . . . I know . . .) but I needed it for work as I repair band instruments and needed something to carry a bunch of crap! Well, the tranny went out and so I was on the hunt and being a man of stature, aka a FAT ass (can I say that here? LOL!), I decided to get another 'Burb! And with Dante's Peak and Twister being two of my favorite movies, I started looking for another one of the older ones. But, trying to find one that hasn't been bastardized, or is not full of rust, was nearly impossible. So, I settled in on what I now have . . . a '93 GMC SLE model. It was ugly when I got it, but well maintained with both a rebuilt Tranny and Rear End. I've been slowly transforming it from the ugly duckling it was. I'll post a before and current photo here. I did put together an album showing the body work that has been done.

Well, that's about it! Looking forward to seeing other's rigs and talking shop! Are there any groups that meet up here in the Tacoma / Seattle area?

I am also on the Tahoe / Yukon forum as well under the handle Voodoo Mike as Big Mike was already taken, there! LOL!

Take care!
Mike

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Just north of ya an hour east of Vancouver in the GWN, 800' from the border!
There's quite a few members in Washington.

You must be registered for see images

At the end of my road. Truck's in Canada. I'm not. Just another Illegal Alien. For about 2 minutes.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Dang, nice transition on the truck! Welcome. I love those pre '94 GMC grills, I too have a 93 GMC pickup.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice job, the Burb looks grate.

Big Mike

Reaction score
Welcome!
Just north of ya an hour east of Vancouver in the GWN, 800' from the border!
There's quite a few members in Washington.

You must be registered for see images

At the end of my road. Truck's in Canada. I'm not. Just another Illegal Alien. For about 2 minutes.

LOL!!