Newbie from North Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwinston

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm James and I hail from Flowery Branch in North Georgia.
My Ride was dad's Truck he had since 1994. A 1993 C1500 Mark III conversion truck.
All Stock with 334k on the same motor and transmission. Neither one has been replaced or rebuilt.
I wouldnt be afraid to drive this truck anywhere. But its time to wash the 90's off this thing and get it more to my liking.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and Merry Christmas!

jwinston

Reaction score
Welcome, and nice looking platform. What are your plans to resurrect it from the 90s?
I want to take it down 2" in the front and 2" in ther rear. It has 2" shackles now. I have ditched the flares already and new wheels are going on very soon.
Paint will come at a later date due to limited funds right now.
Interior is in great shape, dad found a dash that isnt cracked and I have another spare gray dash in the closet. Headliner and door panels are tweed and look fantastic. I will change out the seat as it is one of those conversion truck seats and it sits me up way too high. New carpet is in order due to age.
it has 334k on it but it still runs and shifts like a champ.I would like to yank it out and go through it, but for now its going to stay as is.
When it comes to all the mechanical work, I can do as my dad has a pretty nice shop with plenty of space.
He bought this truck in 94 with 3k on it. It has been a solid truck and when he decided on a new truck I got this from him. Its earned its place in the family and it will stay. I mean it was dads and we are very close, this truck will always have a home.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Grate truck story.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome story and fantastic to hear it has been in the family since a year old. I am not a fan of the kit either, but it would be cool if you kept your dad in mind as you build it, kind of as a respect to him. Just a little nod somewhere on the truck as a thank you.

Looking forward to your progress, and welcome to the club, from one newb to another haha.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and nice truck to start with especially with family history. It looks to be black with the clear peeling issue. If it is black keep in mind it is easy to paint in sections as time and finances allow as the paint will always match. I painted my truck this last year a few panels at a time by buying enough paint to do the whole truck from the start so it will match as I go. Still need to do the roof and inside the bed.

jwinston

Reaction score
Update.
I lowered the front 2" and did the 2" front hangers. Sitting at 2/4 and thats what I wanted.
I went with 18" boss 338 wheels all the way around. I went with the same width all the way around as I wanted to be able to rotate tires.
You must be registered for see images attach

I got rid of the horrible aftermarket seat that Mark III used in the truck and replaced it with a bench. I now sit normal in the truck and I can bring the steering wheel down from its highest setting. I cleaned the carpets and they really look great and I now do not need to replace it. I replaced the truck mirrors with a set from a suburban.
I got a oil leak that needs to be addressed but its not anything to worry about, just a minor issue that is more annoying than anything.