New Truck, Not So New Member. Well Sorta......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackGuerette

Reaction score
Whats up guys? First of all i just want to tell you my story and the reason behind the title. When i was 16 i bought a 1988 chevy Silverado Stepside z71 4x4 with a 305ci, turbo 400 and 3.73s for 750 bucks. I instantly fell in love at first sight. Long story short i drove her as a daily for almost 3 years, But eventually from 25 years of the New England winters ( im from rhode island ) the frame was too far gone and it failed inspection due to it being extremly unsafe. it killed me to sell it but i needed the money for a new vehicle and got $700 for it. Now if you take out the sentimental value of it being my first truck and all the good memories in it i got a pretty good deal. Now for the Not so new member part is because for a while i was on this sight, but since i havent been on in a long time i forgot my user name and password so thus im starting from scratch. Well anyway, yesterday i just purchased after over a year of browsing craigslist in search of a new love a 1990 chevy 1500 4x4 for ironicly $1500. so far its pretty much stock besides headers and a edelbrock intake. The guy and his father had the truck since brand new and took good care of it. He put brand new water pump, distributor, thermastat, headers and flowmaster muffler, power stearing pump, shocks, breaks. But unfortunatley like an idot he got a DUI and lost his liscense for 5 years. So his loss my gain. All and All the truck is solid. great frame and interior. body needs some attention but what 24 year old truck doesnt? heres some pics of my old one and new one. the all primered stepside is my 1st and the blue one is my 2nd. eventually this spring i want to go for a 2 or 3 inch lift and 33's. paint and odds and ends
You must be registered for see images attach