New tool fail. Turkey baster for brake fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the soap pump’s to siphon power steering fluid. I siphon most out, just enough not to introduce air into system, then refill and drive a bit. Do that 5 or 6 times and you get clear fresh fluid in system. I have used(different one, no mixing fluids)on brake MC to remove old fluid. Transmission fluid drains out of drain plug.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the soap pump’s to siphon power steering fluid. I siphon most out, just enough not to introduce air into system, then refill and drive a bit. Do that 5 or 6 times and you get clear fresh fluid in system. I have used(different one, no mixing fluids)on brake MC to remove old fluid. Transmission fluid drains out of drain plug.
I've always just pulled the return line and let the tank drain. Run the return line into a bucket or catch pan then go lock to lock with the steering a couple times to push the old oil out the box. If you want you can cap the tank nipple with a vacuum cap,fill the tank and crank it up to flush the system but normally this is not needed. Usually only in extreme conditions where the vehicle got flooded.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought one of those vacuum pump kits that came with a reservoir for suction bleeding brakes. I guess the little reservoir holds about 4oz. I bought the thing to test my MAP sensor but I figure it will have plenty other uses.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Used the baster again a little bit tonight and went to carefully wipe the tip with a paper towel and it shattered :rofl: oh well, guess I got a few bucks' worth of use outta the thing. In the trash now.

Richard