New to GMT 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneclean98

Reaction score
I am new to the forum in hopes of helping to gain and maintain knowledge about my truck.

I bought my truck new in Jan 1998 and have had it since. It has been great to me and hope to finally restore and customize it to my liking. It is C1500 Ext Cab Short bed with 5.7 and cloth interior, Black in Color with saddle interior.

I have a couple questions:

First, I purchased a BOSCH 8577N Alternator increased from 105 to 120 A. It fits however the female harness attachment is squared off and the one equiped on my truck or male harness is wider and rounded. I am wondering if anyone knows if GM or aftermarket make a harness that would just plug in without having to splice into existing one if this makes sense.

Second I plan on doing a conservative lowering but would like to also but tubular upper and lower control arms. I thought Hotchkis made some but I think they only go up to C10 gen GM trucks. In addition to that I would like to put a quick ration steering box on it to help perform once I lower and put the larger wheels on it.

Lastly, I plan on rebuilding my 5.7 and making it a 383 similar to GM's HT383. I do not want a lumpy race cam but one that has streetable manners and power and torque throughout the rpm range. Someone said the LT4 hotcam would be Ideal.

????

Any and all suggestions are welcomed

Thanks