New project/tow pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Did new wheel cylinders and steel brake lines this past weekend. Order the shim kit and shock relocaters last night but won't be working on it this weekend as we are headed to Nags Head, NC for spring break.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Back at it for a few hours this afternoon. I don't know if the shock extenders are the right ones for the Dana 70. I can't use the center hole to mount the flat part onto the stock bracket.
I called DJM directly to make sure these are the ones but I guess I'll be calling again to make sure. This is how I installed them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger side:

Drivers side:

The angles don't look bad, I'm using my new/used shocks from my static drop I did on the SB. The only thing left is to mount the bracket for the hard brake line to the rubber line.

Spindles are due in this week:)

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Tech Support was useless at DJM today, they couldn't or wouldn't tell me if I had the wrong extenders. All I got was we usually weld them since the bolts take a pounding and it only takes a minute to weld them.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would hit up Norcal ss

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet ride! Love the progress! I crawled under my single cab dually this morning and looked at my shock extenders to see how they mounted. I'm unsure of the brand because I bought them from a friend. Mine lined up with the hole on the shock mount and was able to put the bolt thru it. Also, I would suggest taking a old pair of shocks, pressing out the bottom spacer and installing them where the original shocks mounted with a longer bolt. Did mine that way.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
What year is your dually? Can you take a pic from the other side of the extender so I can see it? Nice ride btw!

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Mines a 95 with the 6.5 turbo diesel and NV4500 5 speed. It started life as a 2500 w/t.
Tomorrow I will crawl under it and take more pictures. One thing that may be different is, since yours is a carry over year for the square body style, you may need extenders for those. If you notice between our pics, the back plate of the hangers, mine is closer to the axle and your hanger extension look like they would fit mine. My reared also has the bolt in front driveshaft yolk. All the parts I used came off of my 97 crew cab. R.I.P.

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's those pics...

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I saw some extenders similar to yours on the airbagit webpage.

Pulled it out of the garage today and took a few pics, then decided to drop the bed on to see what she looked like.

and set the fender on for he last pic.