New member, new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDGuy

Reaction score
Just introducing myself...

Just picked up my '95 Yukon about a month ago. Paid $3700 for it with 140k miles on the odometer. Paint is in good shape (entire body and frame are rust free), very few dings, but has it's fair share of scratches and swirl marks (can't really see defects from 10 feet away). I'm 19 and this is my 10th vehicle (yes, 10th). I've spent some decent money on my first two vehicles which were always breaking down and eating up paychecks. I ended up getting it because my 4runner with 270k miles finally died and I decided I wanted a nicer vehicle again.

First thing I did when I got it was replace the radiator. My coolant is slowly disappearing and I'm assuming it's time to do the intake gasket now because I spent a while under the truck and could not find leaks anywhere. I plan on keeping this truck for quite a while (if not for the rest of my life) and will be putting a Jegs crate engine in it when the engine eventually goes (hopefully it will be quite a while). Only short-term plans are new tires (going with 265/75/r16 good years), a grille guard, and maybe a dual exhaust. I'm not big on spending money unless I have to, so that short list might take a while.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Welcome to GMT400! You came to the right forum! Nice rig, I can't wait to see what you have in store for it!

NDGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Like I said, I have some plans but I'm going to keep it mostly stock (we'll see how that goes) and just beef it up a little. First two things I need to get done are the brakes and intake gasket. Would anyone know if you can get bigger or longer lasting brakes for these Yukons? Every one I talk to says they're under-sized and if you do a lot of town driving you'll go through a set of brakes every 12-15 months.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Undersize brakes are never good, especially if you get larger tires. I am still running stock brakes on my truck and they end up warping because it is harder to stop with the larger tires, but I get them replaced for free when they get really bad. You can upgrade the brakes, but it's not cheap.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome nice truck!

A cheap an quick brake upgrade is to use 3500 truck calipers. Use just the caliper, keep your pads an rotor. The piston in the 3500 calipers is larger giving you more clamping force. After that is a hydro boost swap, also from a 3500 or a diesel....

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome! dont feel bad on having ten vehicles. ive had 50 +