new member from nor cal HAYWARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are lucky to have something that was special to Gramps. I don't know how old you are but before going to radical with additional lowering think about Gramps and how he would feel about what you are doing. When you start to go to much lower you will need to do modifications that are tough to reverse and may regret later. I am sure you plan to keep this truck a long time.
Good luck with your truck do what you want but keep him in mind as you do.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
You are lucky to have something that was special to Gramps. I don't know how old you are but before going to radical with additional lowering think about Gramps and how he would feel about what you are doing. When you start to go to much lower you will need to do modifications that are tough to reverse and may regret later. I am sure you plan to keep this truck a long time.
Good luck with your truck do what you want but keep him in mind as you do.
I'm 27. not much lower to be honest. he loved the lowrider style truck. I was thinking of doing "the flip kit" but I might just leave it. next up is new breaks (rotter's are worn) new head liner, new muffler, and the stupid windshield wiper motor gear is broke. the function but stop in the middle of the window (look at windshield)

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had my wiper linkage apart two days ago to clean lube and adjust. The arm that goes to the motor may be 180 degrees out. remove the nut that holds the link to the motor pry the link off and put the wipers where they belong when stopped, reinstall the arm and tighten the nut real well. I used a block of wood to keep the motor from turning when tightening as it must be very tight or it will slip.Grease or oil the two ball links that go from the motor to the wipers and it will be nice and quiet.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!!

I recently inherited my Grandparents 95 Olds 88 Royale, and like Bob L said, I know gramps would never modify any of his cars. So it's really hard to not do any. But as it was gramps car, I want to keep it the way he would have.

Good luck on the new ride!