New member from maine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsims16

Reaction score
Just checking in from maine. Lived here for most of my life except for UTI in mass. I have a 1990 gmc sierra sle rcsb. I got it in aug of 2008 its gone through a lot of changes over the past few years. Winter 08 front end ifs parts replaced.gas tank brakes, brake lines ebrake, shocks Transfer case swap rear 10 bolt gears changed from 3.73 to 3.42. Doors were rotting aloong the bottom so they were replaced with one from a 94 wt.
Spring 2009 i put steel plates in a couple of the body mounts because of the cab not being level. Made alot of noise turning because the fan was hitting the radiator shroud.
Not many changes from spring 09 till march 2010 when i hadthe great idea to sand down the truck by hand and primer it flat black i completly regret it now. July 2010 i mounted 285 75 r 16 and drove it 4 miles from the shop to my house. Cranked the keys and i still rub quite a bit. Fall of 2010 I took the cat off and scrapped it and only got $20?:hmm: Now its single into a flowmaster 40 dual gibson tips. Just needs alot of work now
Parts needed now cab corners, body mounts or lift,shock mounts,brakes, either front end replaced with ifs or go the sas route, flat bed, fenders. Door pins, i can add more but that is it for now.

Sorry for the rant...

Ryan

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
welcome to the forum. sounds like you might have your work cut out for you.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! I had a few friends go to UTI where in maine are ya?

rsims16

Reaction score
Mike I lived in westbrook, i just moved to Pa the other day. Its really weird here in new holland wide open farm country