New guy from ON Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Picked this up in august. 36 inch bias R/T II's, crank and a recently failed 6.5. Yay. This is my third GMT 400. Was wondering, anyone done a 6.2/6.5 build on this forum.
You must be registered for see images attach

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
What do you mean by 6.2/6.5L build? Theres a few of us on here with 6.5's.

Take a look at the user Great Whites' build thread. His truck is very nice, and he has a lot of time in it. I believe he told me he swapped in an Optimizer 6.5L engine into it.

dave_erald

Reaction score

Yeah, sorry its almost just a crank, its a 3/4ton with the balljoints on the underside of the control arms from factory, and the 8600gvw factory torsion bars. All i did was add a homemade spacer for the ball joint and a 1 inch longer travel shock. Crank without bottoming out the bolts and it clears. I was hesitant about doing this but it actually rides really nice. Rancho makes a decent shock.

dave_erald

Reaction score
Yup, up till 2000 which it is, anything past 7400-7600 gvw didn't need an airbag either. I rather liked that part.
Just gotta build another engine for it now.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Welcome from another canuck and diesel owner. I have seen a few 6.2/6.5 builds over on truckstop forums and i will be working on one of my own very soon. But my hybrid motor is going into a squarebody Silverado