New Guy from Houston, Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, came upon gmt400.com while on Texas Truck Scene, looks like a good place to be. I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban that's got a lil' bit of work done to it :evillol:

The Vortec 5700 has been rebuilt with flat top pistons. The heads and lower intake are port matched on intake and exhaust as well. It now has a Comp 218/224 @112 cam with .530/.536 lift as equipped with 1.6 rockers. I'm also running Comp 918 LS1 springs to accommodate the cam. I have a K & N Drop-In (soon to make a full diameter elbow instead of the factory pincher) and a stock throttle body with the deflector removed. I have installed the OEM revised spider injector set as well.

The 4L60E has been reinforced with a Trans-Go HD-2, aluminum accumulator pistons, a Corvette servo and a large aftermarket Hayden cooler running in series with the factory auxiliary trans cooler.

The exhaust (awaiting headers to be totally done) is stock downpipes (2") to dual 2 1/4" Maggie High Flow cats. The dual 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" steps to a dual 2 1/2" to single 3" Y-Pipe feeding a Torpedo glass pack (its cheap and will be replaced with a Maggie soon) to a 3" tailpipe exiting stock location with a 3" in 4" out 10" long slash cut SS tip.

The rear axle is the stock 10 bolt with a Tru-Trac and Yukon 4.10 gears.

Exterior mods include a 3/2 front/rear drop, PTM'd door handles, mirrors and grill (pics coming, it was recent work) Cragar V5 15s and BFG Radial T/A 275/60s

Very few interior mods, the insides are last lol. All I have are satin black handle bezels and dash trim.

Now for some pics :dancingpoop:
You must be registered for see images attach

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
aye bobby whats up man long time no see!

and thanks, I'm excited to learn what there is to learn and add what I can :D

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, I like your 2 door you got there too.

And not yet, waiting a couple more months to go out to the track, I can make some 60 dash and street roll vids tonight though.