New From South Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hey everyone, been longtime lurker, finally joined. Lots of great info and trucks here. Long story short, my most recent acquisition is this 96 Silverado reg cab step side 2wd. It's clean, 116,000 miles and for 900 couldn't pass it up.not going to bore you with all the details right now, I'm gonna start a build thread and they'll come out there. At 50 years old I'm going for a retro/modern look, the truck is getting lowered but not slammed, kinda looking for that 70's/80's stance,,cowl induction hood came in today so off to the paint shop next week and that's where the build will start.. Any and all opinions and a ice would be appreciated!, Thanks I have to get a handle on how to post pics here! Lol

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm from north west NJ (Sussex County) and my family considers my relocation to Ocean County in the 90s to be 'South Jersey'... but I am definitely more central coast :)

I've got a 93 Blazer and a 94 Suburban... but thinking about flipping the 93 for a first gen Blazer/Jimmy (72 Jimmy is my preference).

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm from north west NJ (Sussex County) and my family considers my relocation to Ocean County in the 90s to be 'South Jersey'... but I am definitely more central coast

I've got a 93 Blazer and a 94 Suburban... but thinking about flipping the 93 for a first gen Blazer/Jimmy (72 Jimmy is my preference).

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! James, south Jersey starts at exit 5 turnpike and 38 parkway! Lol. I work for NJ Transit, southern division right outside of Atlantic City. We have a few guys from Ocean County at our shop. Or, to put it another way, if you're a Mets, Yankees,jets or Giants fan, you're North Jeresey
All kidding aside, I had a first gen Jimmy many years ago.. One of the ones that got away, really miss it..it was lifted,yada, yada, yada,,,
Wish you luck on finding a good one..