new bosche injectors now running rough.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottr55

Reaction score
Hello i have a 99 gmc k 3500 with a vortech 7400 454 it was having leak down issues and it was about time for gaskets.

So here is what i changed
New intake manifold gasket felpro
New plenum gasket felpro
8 new bosch 0280155884 19 lbs/hr 196 cc/min High Impedance injectors
New cap and roter ac delco
New oil switch gm original
New fuel pressure regulator ac delco

Took about 5 hours and got it done boom solved the leak down issue however now my truck is running super rich and at idle will surge just a tad. ( also has a really low idle)

Question is how and where do i go to get my black box pcm re tuned and bosch and 50 motorsports Both said they were direct no tune needed injectors.
Im stuck and really want to drive my truck again

Thank you for your time

scottr55

Reaction score
SOLVED so i feel really dumb cause i attempted to use a timing light and assumed i got it....... i did not so i got ahold of a cheap bluetooth scantool and used it to get the distributor just right within +- 2 from 0 on the cam retardation.i used a bafx bluetooth scan tool and dashcommand on my tablet will put link to scan tool on amazon. Got it to 0 and tighend it back up running great. Injectors are working very well. Still would love to figure out a way to tune the truck i have a 4 connection black box what are my options

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005NLQAHS?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Give real time live data on sensors and so much more