New "born again chevy guy" from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick Wheeler

Reaction score
hello all, new to the site but not to forums, i know how to search lol also not new to GM's, but so far every gm product ive owned ive managed to blow up in one way or another... hopefully this time around its a different story!

i just picked up a 95 K2500. 187k on the odometer, 5.7/4l80e/np241 14bsf with the g80 locker, dont know anything about the ifs front, always had straight axle trucks, but its 8600gvw. tuff country lift, not sure how much lift up front but the rear is stock. i think a 2" block would be perfect to level it out and eventually run 35s.

the guy i got it from said the guy before him had the motor replaced at 100k, but who knows if thats true. ran rough when i got it, i pulled the tranny pan and the fluid looked good, not burnt or dark just used, changed the motor oil and did a basic tune up with some better parts. accel wires, new coil, plugs, cap and rotor. the plugs i pulled out were the worst ive ever seen! cleaned and rebuilt the tbi and now she runs alot smoother, just feels a bit tired. my plan is after summer to get a 6.0 to swap in. i dont plan to tow a lot with it, just my rock crawlers (jeep mj on dana 60s and 40s and a 75 scout on cucv axles once its done) itll mainly be a daily driver so i think the 6.0 would be a good replacement for the tired tbi 350.

anyways heres a couple pics and i look forward to joining the gmt400 community

You must be registered for see images attach

RPO's

oh and heres the plugs i pulled out when i got it! lol

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck and what an awesome shop. My brother has an 08 with the 6.0 no lack of power.
My truck came from Chapman Chevy in Tempe originally.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck! Its like a slightly older, white twin to my black 98 k200 lol.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
plugs...what are those...OMG. I bet it runs a lot better now...lol

Tony