Needing some help with my rim and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrison5

Reaction score
Bought a '00 GMC K2500 4x4 Crew cab with a 6" procomp lift back in December and I need some advice on the front end. Love the height and look of the truck, but I hate the fact that the front tires stick 3" past the fender flares. Currently it has Dick Cepek 35x13.5x20 tires mounted on Moto Metal 951 rims. The back end looks fine but the front end sticks way out there and grabs every rut in the road and at one point pulled the steering wheel right out of my hand. I am going to go through the front suspension and replace everything to fix the loose steering issue, but need some input on the rims/tire issue. What back spacing are you guys running, or would recommend I run, to tuck the tires in some so they don't stick out so far? Also I am planning on running around a 275/65/20 tire to keep the height, but to go with a more narrow rim.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe pro comp is one of the companies that use lift knuckles if that's correct then there's not a whole lot you can do because they increase the track width. With that being said you can run the minimum amount back spacing they require on rims but it's still more than likely to stick out past the flares