Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i got that truck a couple weeks ago and when the guy tow it to my place at first he left it on park and i could see the wheel moving.. what do you think it could be? The guy said the truck tranny was fine when he park it there 2 years ago.. and also the dude put a on/off switch on the 4x4 fuse on driver side.. but how does it work? When i put it on 4x4 i turn it on? And what if i leave the stick on 4x4 but furn the seitch off? What about 4x4 lock?

1995sierra305

Reaction score
Did he pull driveshaft to tow It?
Definitley Definitely need pictures of wiring for 4x4 switch on that one. Does the truck run? Move?

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didnt pull the driveshaft.. we just move it like 10 feet lifting front wheel with a towing then put the rear wheel on a dolly and when we put the rear when on that dolly i put it on park but i saw it was still moving after.. i didnt try to drive the truck yet or start it.. the dude had a frozen battery in there and tried to start it when i was picking it up and wasnt doing anything..(at this time we didnt know the battery was frozen and just really dead).. so he thought it was seize.. since he was trying to jumpstart it too.. so yeah i plan to do some stuff on it before trying to start it and damage stuff.. but id like to figure this out before i put everything back together since i have room everywhere...

1995sierra305

Reaction score
Only one wheel moving?
Coulda been park wasn't fully engaged as well. Just a thought.

Definitley check/change all your important fluids, throw a battery in it, and crank her over. Wouldn't worry about the park issue till ya see what it does when it runs.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply ill check that.. still didnt really had time for this just finishing other stuff on the truck for now..

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i didnt know and i didnt try to.. like i said at first i told him to not touch it anymore if he thought it was seize and when i drove there i saw him with the cable still hook to the battery.. but i didnt know it could get that bad doh i was most likely saying that to jot damage piston and sleeve but i guess you got a good point too haha

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some wiring to do before even thinking about installing another battery in there but i think ill use my crown vic one.. the last owners (police) put a huge ass battery in there and the hood wont close correctly without the pole touching the hood :eek: so ill just get a new one for the crown instead.. probably gonna sell it anyway when the chevy is done.. and will buy another crown from the police to have something to work on in the garage:D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo