NEED HELP WONT START

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bestof1999

Reaction score
so i am very close to getting my suburban running. It cranks but doesnt want to fire up even the smallest of a cough. useing a multi meter i get a 12 volt charge at the end of my plug wires. What could be wrong? its getting fuel

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A multi meter is not what you need to test your plug wires for fire. To do this there is a tester, or you can just test this with a spark plug, but it will need to be held onto the engine block, while the engine is being started. There will be a spark from the center of the plug, to the tip. If there is spark, then your good to go. As for fuel, these engines need 60 plus PSI to start. just because you are getting some fuel, it may not be enough pressure to make the injectors force the fuel into the cylinders. You can poor a little gas into the throttle body then try to start the truck, if it wants to start, the it isn't getting fuel, but be careful when doing this, You don't to put a lot of fuel into the throttle body.

bestof1999

Reaction score
Figured it out awhile back. I messed up reading out of my book, I set it at the "6" and not the ”8" on the disturber