Need help with wiring!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm woking on my first engine swap, in a 92 RCSB, a buddy was being helpful and removed the starter and broke the smaller wire off. Unfortunately I never saw the smaller wire that went to the starter, so I don't know what to put back.

When I put the motor back in today the starter doesn't do anything. I see that I have a black/red (12guage) wire coming from my firewall fuse block also an extra 12guage wire that runs along with the positive battery cable from the battery down near the starter.

Can anybody tell me which wire needs to go to the 2nd terminal of the starter? I'm thinking it's the black/red wire but I just wanna make sure.

Thanks for any help.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
small wire goes on small post of starter (Switched Power), other big wire directly from battery to starter (Big post)

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, so I'm guessing the black(with red stripe) wire from the fuse panel is switched power.....what is that 2nd smaller wire that runs from the positive terminal of the batter for?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
could you take a picture? there is a wire that runs from the battery to the fuse block on the firewall

My small wire for the starter was a pink color.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
here is a pic of a junction box (not mine) the wire I can't identify is the black w red stripe on the 5th terminal from the left. I think it should have some sort of fusible link, but I don't know what it's supposed to connect to on the other end?!?!?

You must be registered for see images

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
here is a pic of a junction box (not mine) the wire I can't identify is the black w red stripe on the 5th terminal from the left. I think it should have some sort of fusible link, but I don't know what it's supposed to connect to on the other end?!?!?

You must be registered for see images
none of those go to the starter, one of those does go from the firewall right to the battery though.