need help with rear speaker install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Hi fellas, I need help installing my rear speakers in my extended cab, i dont know how to go about taking that big rear panel out to get to them, i mean i could definitely figure it out but i really dont want to break anything. are there any write ups on how to go about doing this? or can anybody give me any tips, like i said i just dont want to break or crack anything. thanks!

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
IMO, don't even bother trying to remove the panels. At the very least, you will break a lot of clips, and if you're really unlucky, you will crack the panels. It's just not worth all of that to replace crappy 4x6" speakers. I would just forget about the rear speakers and work on improving the system from the front. If you absolutely want to replace the rear speakers, I have seen people cut out the plastic panels to replace the 4x6" speakers with 6x9" speakers.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, honestly I wouldn't even bother replacing the rear speakers. Like thunderstruck said just put the money you would have spent on the rear speakers into a better set of front speakers/components and/or an amp.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
sweet thanks for the diagrams and thanks for the words of wisdom guys! i have an amp and a 12" sub that i got from a friend, i guess i'll just hook them up first then see if i want to mess with the back.