Need help regarding batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently bought a travel trailer and the batteries are dead so I need to replace them. Currently it has 2 12 volt deep cycle batteries. My dad has a 6 volt battery and I was going to buy a new 12 volt deep cycle battery. Is it ok to use these together to power the lighting and fridge in my camper or will it only put out 6 volts of power which would mean buying a new 12v battery is pointless? I don't know a whole lot at all but I need some help quick if anyone knows the answer to this. Thanks!

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can i connect 2 6 volt batteries in series and have them attached to a 12v battery in parallel?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can i connect 2 6 volt batteries in series and have them attached to a 12v battery in parallel?

Against my better judgment im gonna say this.

Technically i think it would work but I wouldn't want to risk a possible explosion/fire.

Just pick up 2 12v and call her good.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score

theoretically it would be the same but i wouldn't risk it...you would also have to worry about amperage of the different batteries